Sunday, March 11, 2012

Marathi Paaul Padate Pudhe!

It is such a proud moment for us! Marathi films are going ga ga on the national level! I am very haapy for the honour and appreciation showered on Marathi films at the National awards. 'Deool' is undoubtedly a brilliant script executed in a superb manner!
I am a total movie buff and I watch a lot of Marathi movies. I am sticking to 'a lot' because comedy movies is not my genre. I prefer watching serious and experimental movies. I must say Marathi movies have never been so good. The kind of themes, streams of thoughts, experiments portrayed in Marathi movies these days make them stupendous. The artists deserve every bit of the awards. Gone are the days when we only had entertaining movies. That was an era! These days, we have more realistic movies. Along with entertainment, they also make us think, think, and think! I am enriched to see these diversified schools of thoughts. 'Reeta' was a treat for the feminist in me. 'Vihir' sank me in deepest thoughts. 'Kadachit' shocked the conventional thinker within me. 'Shaala' took me back to my school days and I relived those moments. 'Taryanche Bet' made me realize the importance of simplicity in life. 'Dombivali Fast' was the echo of my thoughts to some extent. 'Sanai Chaughade' and 'Saat Chya Aat Gharat' brought in rational thoughts! They almost slapped on the way society thinks and judges some of the social aspects. I can go on writing about several other Marathi movies I love!
It's very disheartening that a lot of us are forgetting our mother tongue. Some people also consider speaking in Marathi as 'down market'. I sincerely hope that the booming Marathi films help in connecting the bridge with our mother tongue.

P.S.: I am not biased about other regional languages. This blog is only to express my love for my mother tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment