Wednesday, May 16, 2012

In the lap of nature

I am an early-to-bed and early-to-rise person. Usually, the first thing I do after getting up in the morning is open the balcony door. Every morning makes me realize how lucky I am! My house is surrounded by lot of lush green trees. There are plenty of mango trees, coconut trees, colorful plants and and many more. This is summer time, and Gulmohur casts its spell all over in my colony. There is a creeper just opposite my balcony that blooms beautiful yellow flowers. The flowers replace all the leaves and take the shape of grape cluster.  All these fruits and flowers welcome a lot of birds. Standing in the balcony every morning is a blissful experience. I get to listen to birds' chirping! Something that is very rare these days. Believe me, birds chirping is music in it's extreme natural form. It generates all the melodies around. I get energised for the day. I can literally say that I live in the lap of nature!
We have disturbed the ecological balance and birds are a rarity these days. The cell phone waves have hampered birds' mobility. The younger generation today hardly gets to see a sparrow, a crow or a parrot. Let's plant more and more trees and preserve birds' natural habitat.

No comments:

Post a Comment