Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The First Impressions

I have been hearing this proverb from my childhood days; first impression is the last impression. However, I have always experienced the reverse. My first impression of a certain thing definitely changes in course of time. Be it an impression of a song, a person, or a movie. If I like something at the first go, I definitely start disliking it soon. On the other hand, if I don't like something initially, I get addicted to it soon. It usually happens with persons and songs. I still remember the first time I saw Hrithik Roshan on television. I hated him. I told my mom, any tom dick and harry can get into films these days. But when I watched his first movie, I started liking him. By the time his third movie was released, I was a die-hard HR fan. I am still one!
I often realise that first impressions are misleading. They do not give us a complete picture. There are multiple aspects to a person, song, movie, relation and other things. We do not give them a chance to reveal all the layers and go on to frame judgements. No doubt first impression sets a ground. However, we can't decide whether that ground is capable to hold a single floor building or a multi-storeyd building. Only time can prove that.

No comments:

Post a Comment